Friday, June 29, 2012

Learning to "FLY"

It's funny, when I chose the title for my blog I did not intend to join flyladFlyLady.net but now that I have it seems very fitting for this Honey Bee!

A week ago I signed up for Fly Lady and am now on baby step Number 9. I haven't been following the "flight plans" but after the first 31 days I'm confident that my house will be in good enough order to work on REALLY keeping my house clean and maintained.

Baby Step 1 is to shine your sink (you do this everyday)

I have gotten pretty good at this but yesterday I slacked a bit so there were still dishes in the sink and on the counter today

Baby Step 2 is to get dressed daily all the way down to your shoes (I do this when I get home from work b/c I wear a uniform and leave very shortly after getting up

After completing these two steps for the day I took a few pictures of my life before taking flight.




It's embarrassing to post those photos!

Then I set to work on Step 9. I chose to de-clutter the kitchen for 15 minutes.



It's amazing what 15 minutes can do when you work fast! Sure, there are still some things on the floor, they are things that I left for Sugar Bear to put in the attic....perhaps I should go organize them a bit!

Then I sat down to blog it and enjoy a refreshing cup of cucumber dandelion tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment